The Trustees have met tonight Monday 16 March. In light of the Government statement on over 70’s and high risk groups self-isolating for 12 weeks. In addition the latest advice from the BHF for all UK heart support groups is to cease activities, they have decided:
- There will be classes this week, but no equipment will be used to reduce the risk of infection.
- All classes from 23 March are cancelled, Exercise and Tai Chi until at least 15 June.
- M&Co FASHION SHOW 22 APRIL
- This event has been postponed until later in the year by M&Co management
- SOCIAL EVENINGS, 3 APRIL, 1 MAY, 5 JUNE
- All the Social Evenings are cancelled.
- LUNCH CLUB 21 MAY
- This Thursday 19 March Lunch club at the White Horse will go ahead. Please advise Mary asap if you are booked in but not going.
- 21 May Lunch Club at High Park is cancelled
- HIMALAYAN GARDEN COACH TRIP 13 MAY
- This trip is cancelled due to the close proximity of members on the coach.
- We will fully refund all payments by cheque posted to your address in the next 7 days.
- SPRING FAYRE 23 MAY
- The Spring Fayre is cancelled.
- We will try and arrange an Autumn Fayre in its place subject to room availability and Government advice.
- Mike Bussey will email by tomorrow all registered walkers asking do they want to continue the Walks. Please respond quickly so decisions can be made.
- If there is sufficient numbers saying they do then Mike and Ken will reschedule the walks programme. To make walks; circular and easily accessed starts as there will limited or no car sharing.
We know as much as you do, so we cannot tell you now when classes and events will recommence. The 12 weeks isolation takes us to 15 June.
Why are we doing this? Our members include the high-risk factors and therefore fall within the Government Advice:
- Over 70 – 192 members
- Cardiac problems – 92 members
- Diabetes – 52 members
- COPD / Asthma – 32 members
- High Blood Pressure – 131 members
- High cholesterol – 98 members
- BMI – 126 members
We will send regular emails as and when things alter. Please be safe and take the advice from the NHS and Government seriously, it is for your protection.
Will HEARTBEAT survive? Since our beginning 14 years ago we have always maintained a contingency of half our annual expenditure for exceptional events, so we will be ready and able no matter how long this virus takes to clear.
Any questions please send an email and we will try and answer it.
Please help us to communicate this message. 213 members have email but 61 don’t. If you know of any member who may not pick up their emails regularly or don’t have it please contact them. We will try and text a summary of this message to as many as we can who do not have email during this week.
Stay healthy and hope we see you in June.